Yoga is a holistic system that helps to refine one’s body, mind, and spirit. It is all about well-being, happiness, peace, and relaxation. To enjoy it’s benefit to the best, it is necessary to understand few basic do’s and dont’s of Yoga which we often tend to ignore.These are few things to keep in your mind before hitting your Yoga class
- Arrive early for the class – This helps to settle in, align your mind and get centered. If you are in a hurry, you’re just bringing in unnecessary stress and strain for the first few minutes of yoga practice and the result at the end of the class may not be as expected
- Practice yoga in a well-lit leveled place, with fresh air flowing. If you are doing yoga in a room, it advisable to keep windows open for air and light.
- Rise early and practice Yoga in a place where you get those morning tender sunrays.
- Be focussed while practicing yoga and try to keep away from the other thoughts.
- Do carry a towel or your own mat if you sweat a lot, and if practicing in a group keep in mind to come free of strong scents that might distract other people as yoga involves deep breathing.
- Always lay on your back after completing postures for 2 to 5 minutes with relaxed breathing.
- Don’t practice yoga right after food. It can be practiced right after you wake up in the morning in a fasting mode or 1 hour after taking liquids, 3 hours after snacking or 5 hours after full meals.
- Don’t take a bath right after yoga. Do yoga and after practice, one should wait for some time and then take a bath.
- Sudden and abrupt movements should be avoided to prevent injuries. Take it slow.
- Don’t drink water immediately after yoga.
- Don’t do yoga after surgery, with sprains or fractures. Please consult the doctor before starting the yoga practice. If you are injured or tired, skip poses you can’t, or try to do a modified version of it.